Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Good Witch/Bad Witch

Hi everyone, Doris here with my project
for the new challenge starting today at
Crafting by Designs!

This week we want to see your projects
with witches: good witches, pretty witches, ugly witches,
fantasy, sprites, you get the idea, and we can't wait to see
 you how you interpret the challenge subject!

We're so excited to welcome a brand new sponsor this week,
and we hope you stop by her shop and check out
her wonderful images and art.
 


 Nikki Burnette is a fantasy artist who paints all sorts of fantastical creatures in watercolor. Fantasy art is where her heart lies. She loves being able to escape the reality of our world for even just a few hours and enter a new fantasy realm where witches play tricks on Halloween Night, fairies fly around the sweet smelling rosebuds, and mermaids swim gracefully through the water with their dolphin friends. Nikki sells my original paintings as well as a wide range of different products that she creates in her studio.  All her artwork and drawings are original designs.



 
For my project, I used the  Analiese image, but I wanted
to try something new.  As luck would have it, I had
just seen a new technique called velum embossing
and gave it a try.  I printed this great image on a 
piece of cream velum, and all I did was take a
rounded embossing tool and lightly colored the
velum, which turned the velum white.  So easy and I really
like the results!  I just tore the edges and added it
to some card stock with distressed edges and boom - done!

Hop on over to Crafting by Designs HERE and join
the Good Witch/Bad Witch challenge.  We can't
wait to see what you make!!

Doris



No comments: