Monday, August 16, 2010

30 years ago today....

....it was a warm, breezy, and sunny day, and I was getting married.  As any other bride, I was worried that everything would be just perfect, did I forget to do anything, would all my family and friends get there ok?  I was the sixth cousin in my family to get married in the summer of 1980, and I was afraid that everyone was so sick of going to weddings, they wouldn't want to come.  As my parents stood at the back of the church waiting to walk me down the aisle to my new husband, they told me to walk slow so they could cherish the last few moments I would be their little girl. But 250 people came and watched my husband and I get married, showered us with hugs and kisses and rice, ate and drank and danced until 1am and had a great time. 

So three daughters, one son-in-law and thirty years later, I love him more today than I did on August 16 1980.  Our hair may be a different color (meaning a little grey), and we may walk a little slower, but we still hold hands when we walk together.  And so this year, as every year since, we write in our cards the same thing I wrote to him in my high school year book:  "When today is a long time ago, you'll still hear me say that the best thing I know is you".  I love you honey....always.....

2 comments:

JustYolie said...

Congratulations on your 30th anniversary!!

Cricutcrazylisa said...

I understand this completely! I congratulate the two of you and wish you at least another 70!