Monday, February 6, 2012

Scrapbook Challenge Throwdown

Hello blogland!  I was a lucky winner of a spot in the Scrapbook Throwdown that started today, and I'm soooo glad!!  I'm so far behind on my scrapping and this is just the push I need to get back on track and get those creative scrappiness going again :)  Today's challenge was to create a layout using 4x6 pictures - check!

I kept my layout pretty simple, not too many layers.  What I did do was reuse the outline that I cut out from the photo mat on the left and used it on top of the two photos on the right.   I used Simple Stories Year in Review on top of a  piece of Tim Holtz cardstock for the layout - just love Simple Stories!!

Day one down, can't wait for day two :)

PS - I forgot to add, this is my daughter Amy who did her SECOND Tough Mudder event with a group of friends (Team Gooney) and raised money for The Wounded Warrior Project.  Twelve miles thru mud and water and hills and electric wires and under barbed wire, but she finished!! So proud of my little Tough Mudder!

8 comments:

Latrice said...

Great job on this! I'm so glad you're rockin it on day one. I can't wait to see more.

Roxanne O'Brien said...

I love that little line of flags at the top! Colors compliment the photos well! Great job!!!! :)

Kathy said...

Very cute interpretation of Day 1---Like your page!

Unknown said...

I love the banners, they so add to the theme of the page!
http://visionsofpaper.blogspot.com/

Tammart Designs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tammart Designs said...

Great LO Doris! Looks like lots of fun! I really like the Simple Stories paper. I had the opportunity to go to their booth at CHA and they had some great new lines. We can't wait to get them in.

BeanBugCrafts said...

Love the banner and the paper choice! Page looks great!

Nikki said...

Really like the banner and the way you framed the two stacked photos. Very clever.