Monday, September 27, 2010

Cards for a rainy Monday

Autumn is here but it was amost 100 degrees in NJ the other day, and I'm trying to squeeze some yard work in before it gets too cold.  A little weeding here, and trim a bush there, pull out the sunflowers that are done blooming and replace them with a pretty yellow mum, and dig up my potato crop before the squirrels have too much fun digging in that nice soft dirt.  And now that my yard is ready for fall I had some free time to play in my craft room and make some cards. I've been playing with my new Cricut cartridges lately and have been neglecting my rubber stamps and copic markers, so that was what I decided to play with.  Whatcha' think?



I have a thing for paper - I can never have enough, and if I live to be 200 I would never use all the paper I have. I love to touch it, sort through it, even organize it, and I really love to use my scraps.  I have 4 big drawers filled with scraps and like to challenge myself sometimes to make a card or a layout from just scraps.  The 3 cards above were made using only scraps, mostly from DCWV paper.

For the next 2 cards I played with one of my Tim Holtz Sizzix dies and a Martha Stewart border punch:


The paper was from a DCWV stack called So Crafty - I love that stack.  For this last card below, I used a Tim Holtz Sizzix embossing folder and a Stampin' Up stamp. I lightly ran a piece of sand paper over the card after embossing it to make it a little more distressed.



So that's how I spent my rainy Monday.  I hope you had a fun Monday!

No comments: