Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Scrap cards

Hello blog land.....today I've been working on finishing up my cards for Operation Write Home's Be My Valentine blog hop this Saturday November 13, and it was time to clean up the mess on my desk.  I save my scraps and I love making scrap cards, so while I was waiting for my last load of laundry to finish up, I made a few cards to share today:

I cut these little cupids from my Tie the Knot Cricut cartridge and popped him up on some DCWV paper from the Garden Party stack and added two Stampin' UP buttons tied on twine.

I used some Stampin' Up Really Red cardstock for the base, layered with a scrap of K&Co. paper which was trimmed with an EK Success scallop border punch, and a Unity stamp which has a spot for someone's initials, a Making Memories brad and some twine finished up this card. 

This card has some DCWV cardstock from the Old World stack for the bottom layers along with two digital images colored with some Copic markers.

Well, there are a few stray cupids left on my desk, but otherwise it's pretty clean.  Tomorrow is back to finishing up my own Christmas cards and tags.  I am determined to be finished before Thanksgiving this year....said she once again :)  Be sure to stop back on Saturday to see my finished Valentine cards.

No comments: