Friday, December 17, 2010

Chocolate Pistachio Biscotti

Hello blogland!  Today is day 2 of my Christmas cookie baking marathon - I finished one batch of butter cookies, made the dough for chocolate peanut butter cookies and just took one batch of chocolate pistachio biscotti out of the oven.  I love cookies, I really do, but they're like potato chips for me- I can't eat just one.  One turns into two which turns into four and before you know it a dozen are gone with a glass of milk. Bad girl, bad girl... I have a large collection of cookie recipes and some that I only make during the Christmas season, but I decided I had to cut the "must make" list way down.  The chocolate pistachio biscotti is a new one that I've wanted to try for a while.  They were easy pesy to make and I think they are going to be added to the annual "must make" list.

They have dried cranberries as well as chopped pistachio nuts and I added a mix of peanut butter and milk chocolate chips also.  The only problem - chocolate gives me a headache!  Not just a headache, but a migraine. This will be quite a test of will power not to eat them, or will I give in and have a migraine....we'll see how long I last.  Well, back to the kitchen! 

No comments: