Sunday, January 30, 2011

Filling up the box for Operation Write Home

Hello blogland!  I'm almost done with another box of cards for Operation Write Home and made these two little cards today:


Both cards were made with some DCWV cardstock base and patterned paper.  The borders were cut with a Martha Stewart circle arch punch.  On the first card, I tried my hand at paper piercing with this cute little Unity Stamp.  The technique is easy, but it's a little trickier to find a paper with a pattern that goes with the design. 

I cut this little stamped image out and gave it some dimension with a few pop dots, added a few flat nail heads and I was done. 

Next I need to work on a few spring cards and my box will be all set to mail.  Did you check out the free Saturday Seminar Series that started yesterday at the OWH Stars and Stripes blog?  Great information and examples on the fundementals of creating a focal point in card making.  Check it out!

No comments: