Thursday, January 6, 2011

Hello craft room, miss me?

Hello blogland!  I'm still battling a nasty head cold but took my box of Kleenex and headed down to my craft room.  Even though I straightened up right after Christmas, I was still in a "clean and purge" mood and went to town.  Where did all this stuff come from and who snuck it into my house?  I like things organized, but I also like to repurpose things so I don't rush to throw "stuff" out.  One thing I did accomplish was to go through a growing pile of scraps.  I had a big pile of 12x12 papers that were used to cut out some Mickey Mouse heads and there was still plenty of usable real estate on this cardstock. 


I took out a pile of my Martha Stewart border punches and in about an hour I ended up with a nice pile of embelishments:
For the smaller areas, I used circle, scallop, square, flower punches and now have a nice stash of them too. By the time I was done with this, I was ready to call it a day and headed back upstairs to make some turkey chili for dinner. 

There's another snowstorm headed towards New Jersey tomorrow, but my Kleenex and sore nose and I plan to spend the day inside, hopefully doing something crafty.

No comments: