Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year, new cardstock

Glitter Graphics


Hello blogland and Happy New Year!  I hope you've had a nice first day of the new year.....I still have my jammies and robe on :)  Another querky family tradition for New Years Day has been to stay in our pjs, watch the Rose Bowl parade, munch on the rest of the finger food I made last night, finish up the Christmas cookies, and take a little snooze.  Well, we had a modified version today - oldest daughter worked, middle daughter is out with some friends, youngest daughter worked, hubby took a nap, and I made a spiral ham.  My plan was to get into my craft room while the ham was cooking and crank out a few cards and maybe a layout for a scrapbook I've been working on.  But in the two hours it took to make a delicious spiral ham, I discovered I ran out of a craft staple that I've never, ever run out of before:  white cardstock!  I kept saying it couldn't be possible - out of the kabillion pieces of cardstock and paper stacks and designer paper there must be a stash of white cardstock somewhere, but there wasn't.  Impossible I thought, but it was true.  So off to AC Moore I went to pick up some white cardstock.  And by the time I got back, I started sneezing, my nose started running, and I now have a headcold.  So much for playing in my craftroom....so I'm back in my jammies, sipping my Lemon Zinger tea and hoping this passes fast so I can try again tomorrow.  I have two new Unity stamp sets calling me to come play with them.....

No comments: