Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Black and White and Red and Pink

Having my craftroom in the basement helps me kill two birds with one stone - I can get three or four cards done in the time it takes to get one load of laundry done.  Today's cards were made with scraps that were on my desk, and I love the colors - black/white/red, and black/white/pink.  Whatcha' think?


This little Hello card was made with Stampin' Up Black card stock for the base, and DCWV solid cardstock for the white and red layers and little Scotty dog - isn't he adorable?  He was cut from the Just Because Cricut cartridge at 6-1/2". I used the Tim Holtz Sizzix embossing folder Burlap on the red layer. The black/white polka dot layer is an adhesive backed ribbon that I found in my stash. 

Black and hot pink - love this color combo too.  The black card base is Stampin' Up card stock and the white and hot pink layers are DCWV cardstock.  There's that black/white ribbon again topped by a strip of pink/white ribbon and topped off with two pink Prima hydrangeas and a Prima bling.  The stamps I used are from Unity Stamp's May Kit of the Month.


And here's one more black/red/white combo.  This red/white striped layer is from DCWV spring stack and the daisy border was made with an EK Success border punch.  The hello sentiment is from the Kites2Fly set from The Stamps} of Life.

Time to get dinner ready - enjoy the rest of your day!

3 comments:

Helen said...

Cute! I just made a doggy card and posted on my blog too.

Courtney K said...

i love the Scottie dog cards - too cute!!

ScrappyJess said...

I love the scottie dog! I didn't know just because cards had that cut!