Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Did you ever have one of those days....

....when everything you tried to create just flopped?  Grrrrr!!!  I waited all week to play with my new Cricut Lite cartridges and they just fought me every step of the way.  The paper stuck to the mat where it shouldn't have...the paper wasn't cutting right....the paper was ripping while cutting....I kept getting glue on my fingers which ended up on the front of the cut.....I should have just taken a nap. 

I made these cuts from the new Cricut Lite cart Blooms.  I ended up putting some diamond dust on the front of the butterfly cuts because glue ended up there.  It was also all over my hands, so was the diamond dust...



The next cart I wanted to play with was Just Because Cards.  I just got it last weekend, but I couldn't find the booklet.  I had it yesterday - where did I put it??  Oh well, pick another cart to play with for now. This little envelope and card were cut from the Wild Card cart.  The patterned paper is from the Best of K&Co. pad and for some reason kept ripping while cutting.  Three tries later, I stopped trying.


This little card was made with two carts: Wild Card and Blooms.  By the time I finished, I was talking to myself.  The scallop card is from Wild Card and I just couldn't get the envelope and card liners to line up right.  I used 3 whole sheets of paper making liner cuts before I stopped.  The little flower basket is from one of the new Lite cartridge Blooms.  Only three cuts, how hard could that be?  The green layer didn't want to cut all the way, then after getting a good cut the second time I realized it was the same color as the base.  Grumble, grumble.  Third time is the charm.  I'm tellin' ya', talking to myself.....But tomorrow is another day, and another cart: hopefully more successful than today.  Enjoy the rest of your day!  Now where did I leave that missing booklet???

No comments: