Saturday, June 26, 2010

Cards For Kids

I got an email yesterday from Jennifer McGuire about round 3 for the Cards for Kids drive which you can read about here.  I've participated in this before and it's a wonderful, inexpensive way to make an ill child and their families smile, if just for a moment.  There are 13 children that will be receiving these cards, and I've committed to making at least one card for each of them.  Since I wanted to play with my new Cricut cartridge Freshly Picked, I decided to start with this adorable little gnome that I named Norman from New Jersey.
 He was cut from solid and patterned paper from the DCWV Summer Stack.  The hello sentiment was cut from the Wild Card cartridge on green cardstock and the card base was Very Vanilla from SU.
I then cut the label from a patterned paper from the DCWV Fall Stack using the Fancy Labels cartridge just to give the card a bit more color.


So Norman from is all set to visit a few little friends taking my greetings from New Jersey with him.  Please consider sending some cards also - it will make you smile knowing you made someone else smile.

No comments: