Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Feeling the love and so thankful

So today is my birthday....again....didn't I just have one of those last year? I've decided that I'm going to be like my mother and celebrate the anniversary of my 39th birthday each year (next month Mom celebrates the 59th anniversary of her 21st birthday). There - I said it. I know it's just a number, but I don't like that number....

Like I've mentioned in previous posts, June is a very busy celebration month in my family. We've already had two birthdays, and today I share the day with my brother and sister-in-law's wedding anniversary. Presents are nice, but we're all about the love. And the dinner. And the cake. The birthday boy/girl always gets to pick what they want for dinner or where to go for dinner, followed by.....ice cream cake. It's a tradition -when my brothers and I were growing up, that meant BBQs and swimming, followed by ice cream cake for the June birthdays. My choice today - pizza. I know, I can have pizza any old time, and lately cheese hasn't been too friendly to me, but that's what I feel like eating. So when all my kids get home from work, we're going out for pizza. Then I get to enjoy all my wonderful presents like the beautiful bracelet from my husband, beautiful pink roses (my favorites) and....tickets to see The Lion King on Broadway in NYC next month. Holy Moly - how blessed am I? Not just for their presents, but for their love. And the ice cream cake.....

I hope you're enjoying your day as much as I am.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!! Hope it was a good one.

Love your blog!

DtsArt said...

Happy Birthday!! I hope that your day was just wonderfully lovely! Age really is a number I am always forgetting how old I am and when I go to guess without counting I usually make myself a year or 2 older than I actually am..LOL

You are right it all about the LOVE we have in our life and yours seem to be full. Congrats