Friday, June 3, 2011

What a week!

Hello blogland!  Whew - what a week it's been!  Summer has come early to NJ and I've spent a lot of time outside this week.  I've been planting the rest of my flowers and getting some vegetabled in the ground too; all the patio furniture is out and cleaned and ready; I even got the garage cleaned out!  And now it's time for some me time in my craft room.  Check out this black/white card I made for this week's CAS Challenge at Simply Scrapping Crafts:

I just love clean and simple cards, and this was such a fun card to make, and it took me 5 minutes.  I've had a stack of American Crafts Pearl cardstock for the longest time and decided to pull out a piece of the white.  I punched out two 1.5" scallop circles from the white pearl cardstock and one black 2" scallop circle from black cardstock.  To make the flower, I folded the white scallop circles in half then cut a small slit between the scallops, not quite going all the way to the fold; this makes the little petals.  I just glued the 2 white flower halves onto the black scallop circle and added a fancy brad to the center.  Viola - instant flower.  To make the white background, I cut a piece of the white pearl cardstock and ran it through my Big Shot with a Sizzix embossing folder then added a piece of sheer white ribbon and a sticker from SRM.  I topped it off with a scrap piece of black/white check ribbon and this little card was done!  Go check out all the great stickers at SRM - this little "hello" has a clear background so it just blends right in.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Love your card Doris. It's gorgeous!

Yvonne said...

This card is stunning. I showed it off to my crafty friends and they fell in love! Awesome job my friend!